- 2 onions (1 large serving, 2 small servings)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Day old bread and slices of baguette
- Optional: Herbs like rosemary, bay leaf
- Thinly slice the onions
- Cube bread into 2cm blocks
- Slice baguette
- Sauté garlic in oil until lightly browned.
- Carmelize onions on medium heat until deep brown (around 20-25min). Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile, toast bread cubes. and baguette slices with grated cheese on top.