- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Optional: Herbs like rosemary or thyme
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets.
- Sauté garlic and onion until golden brown. The more carmelized the onion, the more flavour.
- Add broccoli to the pan until slightly softened and bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
Alternative: boil with broth or steam until just cooked.
- Blend with 1-2 cups of broth until smooth. Adjust broth to your preference.
- Put back on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Serve with grated cheese and crostini or crackers.